What is your morning routine like? Mothers of school-aged children know how hectic and overhwelming it can be to get a bunch of kids up, dressed, fed, and out the door.
There are ways to go about the craziness, I promise!
PACK THOSE LUNCHES THE NIGHT BEFORE.
* older kids can pack their own lunches, provided that they follow some sort of plan as to what they throw in.
* you can make bins of already-decided snacks, so they can choose a specific amount from each bin.
SET-OUT CLOTHING THE NIGHT BEFORE
* this step is a MUST for the little princess or prince that won't simply let you pick their clothing for them.
GET UP BEFORE THE KIDS
* this will allow you to set-up breakfast, and get some work done before the little ones get up. 20 solo minutes in the morning is 14k
* you can set-up a reward system where a child can get a star on their chart provided they are packed-up, dressed, have eaten breakfast, and their shoes are on, all by a certain time. This has worked in my home, with all ages. Stay consistent and let the child choose what reward.
KEEP ELECTRONICS OFF
* there is nothing more distracting for a kid in the morning than that tablet or phone. Kids are sucked into the colored moving images, and the idea of packing their backpack or getting their shoes on, is the worst idea ever!
* use the electronic as a reward system : i.e- 20 extra minutes after school or on the weekend if you are ready by 7:45
Please post your routine, thoughts or ideas! Thanks for clicking on the post